Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Recharging My Creative Battery

How do you recharge your battery? For me, it usually involves being around creative and self motivated people. I enjoy playing off their creativity and it fills my creative tank. The time together I call a “playdate”. It’s important to keep play the central component.  It usually involves trying new tools (brushes, pens, paper, ink…) and new approach to seeing, drawing and painting.

So far I've had lots of opportunities to play.  I participated in "Plein Air Los Angeles”, I’m getting out twice a week to paint with others on location and I attended a workshop with Iain Stewart. It’s fun to be the student and around someone I admire. Iain was in need of “playtime”, too. Before the workshop was over I shared some new ideas and gave
him drawing tools to play with. It’s nice when we can help others recharge. The playtime has fueled new energy back in the STUDIO. I’m beginning to feel a spring in my step (and brush). My creative tank is getting fuller.

It’s been a busy 2016 with lots of travel and teaching. I enjoy getting to see new faces and sharing the joy of creativity. I cherish getting to meet so many wonderful, inspiring people. 

Before I start teaching workshops again in January I plan to use this precious time to rest, reconnect with friends, family AND recharge my creative battery. 

What is your favorite creative play?

Happy Painting!
Brenda

8 comments:

  1. Play and fun can recharge your creativity as well as helping you stay a healthy happy person. Enjoy this time with your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying that pen and about to order more ink! Thanks Brenda- painting clouds, taking the dogs for a walk, having breakfast with my Mom. All charging up those batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iain,
    Makes me happy to hear your feeling the benefits of recharging! I've got something new to share with ya... when you're ready =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brenda,
    Experimenting , playing and trying something new!
    Exactly as you, I love teaching as well as meeting fellow artists, painting together or joining their workshops once in a while.
    I think you always can learn something new.
    As much as I wish to inspire others, I can get very inspired by my students as well!
    Hugs from Tuscany,
    Sabine
    Love this post AND your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish this site had a "like" button so we could express our feelings. I just adore your work! There, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to know my artwork and words are appreciated and "LIKE".

      Delete