Sunday, September 18, 2016

Rejection Isn't Failure

Rejection in the art world comes with its share of hurts. Is it because we pour ourselves out on the paper? Is it our desire for personal success, stature in the art world, approval of our peers, financial gain..? 

I've been rejected oddles of times times.The opinion of a select few matter...the others don't carry the same weight.  Does it still sting...you bet ya. The only difference is the sting only last for 3 seconds. It use to last a week or more. 

Don't let the opinion of others effect what you do. And stay away from people who discourage or belittle you. Get up, dust yourself off and get on with living and painting. Being creative makes us feel complete!

I don't know why, but something told me "you" needed to hear this.

Sending a big hug,
Brenda


12 comments:

  1. Yes, thank you, I need to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post this in my studio! What a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I know those other folks think you wrote this for them... but, I know you wrote it just for me, and boy did I need to hear this today. I too, want to print this out and post it beside my desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine, Of course I wrote it for you!
      Hugs, Brenda

      Delete
  4. I needed to hear this today too. A painting that I worked very hard on and was important to do well, was rejected today for a regional show. Last month it was accepted in another show, even received an honorable mention, but it still hurt to be rejected. Your message lifted my spirits, I guess I'll manage to take up my brush for another painting, another day ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the way it goes! You'll enjoy this post I wrote: https://brendaswenson.blogspot.com/2011/08/rejection.html

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing this serving of encouragement. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words, Brenda. I feel your pain for a few moments and it passed.
    Having been accepted to a national show in the spring I was elated then a few months later the same painting was rejected in a local show. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. Needed to hear this today. Just got rejected from a juried competition.

    ReplyDelete