Friday, May 2, 2014

Summer Skool

The last two weeks have been BUSY! It started with a painting demonstration for 75+ people, Easter with the family at my home, filming for Sketchbook Skool, meeting with fellow painters who are joining me in Tuscany this October, and redesigning the cover for my new DVD, Negative Painting with Watercolor. I'll have ordering information soon.

I don't know about you...but I have a way of overextending  myself. Things always look easier on paper.  By the end of two weeks I was in need of a little down time. The best thing to recharge my battery is (what else?) sketching. After a few play days with my sketchbook I am recharged. Okay...I did sneak in a little extra sleep and coffee. Any how... I am back on my feet again.
My view while filming.

The day we filmed Sketchbook Skool was fun. Danny Gregory arrived at 7:30am bright eyed and ready to roll. The film team arrived shortly after. We had a full schedule with lots to be accomplished. They went about their work of setting up shoots, lighting, sequences, camera angle, sound... and I kept focused on my job...sketching and teaching. Thankfully Mike took the day off work. Nothing like having my "Sweetie" near by. He knows me well and watches for signs when I get tired. He kept snacks nearby, made a lunch run and to everyone's delight frozen yogurt (sprinkles and all) in the late afternoon. A real lifesaver! With his help we we're able to keep going until 7:00pm. By the end of the day we were tuckered out...but overjoyed with what we accomplished. Danny and the film team at Cinepop Media are amazing! I feel extremely privileged to work with such talented people. 

Danny checking out my 1952 truck
Semester #2 theme is "Seeing". One of my favorite topics! You'll see professional quality videos shot in amazing places from Amsterdam, the UK, Sydney and across the USA. Demonstrations, stories, wisdom, tips, and sketchbook tours! Next term I'll be teaching with: Andrea Joseph, Cathy Johnson, Liz Steel, and, of course, Danny and Koosje too. 

Sketchbook Skool 2nd Semester begins July 4th. To learn more please visit the website. Sketchbook Skool If you have any problem with registration you can contact Sketchbook Skool at: sketchbookskool@gmail.com

See you in Klass, July 4th!

Brenda

Still smiling at the end of the day!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, oh. And I signed up, not realizing it was SUMMER school! HAHAHAHAHa! But, looking forward to it, since learning knows no season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up when I saw that you were going to be on the fakulty. I love your work so much. I can't wait to see more of your sketchbooks. And I love that you're going to show some of your early work. I think it's an important reminder, for beginners like me whose vision does not yet make it to the page, that we will improve over time if we keep practicing. Even your early work is an inspiration--you were gifted even then! I'm also looking forward to learning more from Danny and Koosje and from Andrea, Cathy, and Liz. Sounds like a wonderful semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, Thank you for the kind words. It's important to keep our early pieces. A healthy reminder, if we stick with it good things will come. Looking forward to see you in skool.
      Happy Sketching!

      Delete
  3. My friend Mary Gayle is taking the class this semester and she has raved about it on FB! I wish I had more time to do this…watching her improve has been amazing. And ever since I took your sketch class at Dillman's last spring I have been so inspired!!! I will go and look at the schedule again and send out some information about it on my blog too. I LOVED seeing you and Danny together…two of my favorite artists!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, It's good to hear you've kept the passion alive since last summer! Your work is beautiful and it's obvious you've dedicated a lot of time to perfecting your craft. Will I see you at Dillman's this summer?
      Happy Sketching!

      Delete
  4. I'm signed up for the next semester...I'm really enjoying the first semester...great instructions from many different viewpoints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine, It's fun to see the excitement around the klasses! Danny's a fun guy and full of ideas! Glad you are having fun.
      Happy Sketching!

      Delete
  5. So excited! Cant wait to see your klass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now in Sketchbook Skool Semester 1 and looking forward to Sketchbook Skool Semester 2 so that I can take a Klass with you!

    Please let me know where I can find the demo you did on pomegranates. I thought it was Daniel Smith website but now I cannot find it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.danielsmith.com/Item--i-G-Swenson

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete