Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sketching with Water Based Inks


Today I want to share a different way of  sketching. If you've gotten into a creative rut it might be a good time to shake up your approach. If you always use the same pen simply trying something different can be all it takes. If you always use waterproof ink try water based. I like to experiment with pens (markers, fountain pens, roller ball, gel pens...). I encourage you to experiment, to0.  And of course share your finding with us! 

Today I am showing how Tombow Dual Brush Pens work with watercolor. The pen has two tips. One side has a brush tip and the other is a stiff nib. The color I am using is #947 Burnt Sienna. I like how the warm tone of the ink dissolves into the watercolor. One of the reasons I like using water soluble pens/ink  is because the drawing becomes less prominent and in some areas completely dissolves.


Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Happy Sketching!
Brenda




6 comments:

  1. Very nice! Always good to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I just love what you have produced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info and all the tutorials. I will experiment with the pen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work! I didn't know the Tombow pens came in colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tombow pens for tonal studies with a Ninji brush, but I never thought of using watercolor paint with them. What a great idea, Brenda! Thanks! Another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ignore my last post!

    ReplyDelete