Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Watercolor Workshops

UPCOMING WORKSHOPS... California and Wisconsin. If you are interested I would love to meet you and have fun creating art together! 

May 17-19, 2013, 3-Day Workshop
 Stained Paper Collage with Watercolor
Fee: $275.00 Citi Bank Building, 2350 Honolulu Ave, Montrose CA
If you have questions or would like a flyer email me at:
SwensonsArt@gmail.com
 
This workshop is designed to take you in new directions with watercolor. Explore how vibrant pieces of stained Japanese papers can simplify a scene and develop stronger imagery. Identify the importance of design and build upon your current knowledge. Each day we will construct a collaged surface, paint back into it  with watercolor and create exciting results! Come with an open mind to explore a new and exciting way of seeing and working with watercolor! Enjoy daily demonstrations and critiques. Skill level: All







 June 3-6, 2013, 4-Day Workshop
Sketching Techniques Watercolor
Dillman's Creative Arts Foundation, Lac du Flambeau, WI, 
Website & Workshop Details here Info: 715-588-3143
 
Enjoy the wonderful allure of watercolor! Each day we'll explore 
exciting sketching techniques, tools, and papers. Learn how a sketch can be complete in itself, or a road map to larger studio paintings. Sharpen your observation skills, color awareness nd learn simple design principles. We will explore fun and exciting ways to be expressive with sketched images and words. Learn the artistic process of merging words and images together on a page. Whether you want to improve your watercolor skills, create travel journals or take that next step as an artist you'll come away from this workshop excited and inspired about your artwork. Explore the charm of watercolor in a friendly and encouraging environment and a sketchbook uniquely your own. Benefit from daily demos, friendly critiques, and lots of one on one help.  Skill level: All
 

4 comments:

  1. Brenda, sounds like your watercolor workshop will be wonderful:) How is everybody doing I hope all is well. Sure wish I could be at your class.Looking forward hearing all about it,
    Have a wonderful day,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Brenda! I'm so happy I have found your blog... You are teaching me even in the distance! I love all your drawings, your sketches. I have no words to describe what I feel when I see these beautiful watercolors. Thanks a lot!

    Greetings from Madrid (Spain)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari, What a sweet note! Art is about sharing and I am delighted that you have found my blog...enjoy. Happy Sketching!

      Delete
  3. How great blog! I have found you just today and be very happy about it. You can visit me and my art on my blog. Happy Easter! Sonja

    ReplyDelete