Thursday, August 16, 2012

Illustrated Journal Workshop

I have been teaching "Sketching Techniques with Watercolor" for years. On the final day of a workshop I would set aside time to expose students to the joy of illustrated journals. I would save this lesson for the final day because the experience can be very personal and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

After much prompting I decided to teach a workshop solely dedicated to the "Illustrated Journal". Oh my gosh...we had so much fun!!!!! I was able to walk them through different types of illustrated journals (travel, daily, garden, family, grief...). Everyone was supportive of each others work, inspiring, encouraging...and at times down right funny!  

What was achieved in a few short days lifted me up as a teacher and as an artist. I am so proud of everyone and how had they worked. The final day we laid our Illustrated Journals on the floor. It was amazing to see what was created! I took a picture to show a small percentage of what was created.
I asked them if it would be okay to share their work on my blog...they said YES!

Happy Sketching!
Brenda

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work. Wish I could have been there! Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite jealous of your students, Brenda, and sure wish I lived close to you.

    Beautiful work - thanks for sharing,

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I teach workshop all over. Hopefully you can attend someday. Check my website under "teachings" to see if I am at a location near you.
      www.swensonsart.net
      Happy Sketching!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Brenda! These all look wonderful. What a neat workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful journals - I would LOVE to take a class from you. Maybe someday . . .

    ReplyDelete