Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Reflections of Italy...

As promised I am posting addition images of my sketch journal and photos from Tuscany. I have scanned my travel journal, sorted photos, and sent copies to workshop participants. I had a couple delays along the way in trying to get this completed. It is amazing how so many projects can need my attention all at once! But at last I am back and eager to share.
In my last post about Tuscany I shared images from before the workshop while I sketched in Cinque Terre. The images I am sharing now are part of the workshop. We spent 10 days in a lovely Tuscan farmhouse in the hills of Lucca. The location was charming, relaxing, inspiring and just all around perfect! I had a wonderful group of participants and we became friends in a short period of time. We traveled to little villages during the day to paint, had authentic Italian cooking lessons, went to a Puccini concert, painted our own Italian influenced plate...and so much more. I teach workshops in Europe each summer but something was extra special about this group.
Happy Sketching!
Brenda

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing them! indeed, special! Here in Maine I'm having a connection with you because 2 folks in my art group attended your NC workshop. They are sharing with us. They LOVED their week! We will try to arrange for you to come to our lovely state for a workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying my Tuscany sketches.

    The week in NC was the BEST! A really wonderful group of artists who worked super hard all week.

    I would enjoy coming to Maine. I have never been to Maine. I am filling my 2013 calendar now.

    Happy Painting!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from Tuscany.Brenda,You have captured the spirit of life in tuscany!

    Today I live in Lombard...beautiful but region totally different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, Thank you! Italy has captured my heart in so many ways. I can't wait to return.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete