Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tinted Papers


Watercolorists often talk about “happy accidents”—those events that occur by chance but result in a pleasing circumstance. For me, happy accidents usually occur when I’m opening myself up to new possibilities, experimenting with new colors, methods or techniques. During one such “play time”, I was making a value study on a piece of colored paper. My watercolor palette was nearby, prompting me to wonder how a wash of color over the drawing might look. Next I added a few lights with white gouache (an opaque paint). And to my delight, I discovered that I love the result! Applying gouache to sketches or tinted paper is nothing new---but it opened up new possibilities for me.

Stayed tuned…next time I will share information about different types of tinted papers.

Happy Painting!
Brenda

3 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog very much...so much good information and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to pass along tips, tools and techniques! It's good to get positive feed back.

    ReplyDelete