Friday, January 28, 2011

Sketchbook





Sketching with watercolor is the act of observing and gathering visual information. It is not about making a perfect painting; in fact, watercolor sketches by nature are often colorful and lighthearted. The sketch can be complete in itself, or a road map to larger paintings.

Rarely am I without a sketchbook; I use sketchbooks for location studies, travel journals, designing paintings, color mixtures and notes, and so much more. I have filled dozens and dozens of these books over the years, and they have become like old friends. With each new book I wonder were it will lead me, and what new lessons will be learned along the way.

Life as in art is the knowing where to draw the line.

Happy Sketching!

Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Love the Tombow pens for this. Thank you for being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete